Saturday 28 May 2011

28th May 2011

The story so far ...

I registered the Bareguitarist for the free fringe 2011 after seeing a number of acts that were - well - interesting to be polite .....

After a number of mishaps I am registered. Cafe Renroc - was called Black Dutch Cafe - was called Cafe Renroc before that - anyway I think its at Cafe Renroc (or whatever it is called when I get there).

Unlike the olden days in Sheffield, this is not a gig its an act... for an hour solid .. in the old days I used to be able to play over 5 hours of music - could probably manage 3 or 4 hours now - but this is not playing music...

About 2 months ago I started to pull the "act" together... its now on about its 6th and final version.. and I am happy to see that it is pulled together - all bar some tuning.. I actually think its fun now.

I have a new favourite piece - oh YES !!! - and I am doing it on the ukulele. GREAT FUN. The hardest piece to get together so far, took me over 2 days to sort out the Lyrics and 4 hours to get it right. What is clear to me now is there is NO easy way to load view and edit video. Its a conspiracy of technology against the little man.

I put up a link on Face book (friends of the bare guitarist) - I put a twitter @bareguitarist - and now a blog...

That's the story so far from what I am told it is easier to do a blog as it happens - so now I am set - that's going to be the MO ...

No comments:

Post a Comment