Monday 11 June 2012

The good - the bad - and the ugly


So as I sit here - emails have gone quiet .. (England playing in the Euro 2012 then) .. and I have done whatever I needed to do today... my mind drifted back to a few days ago.

A few days ago ... my birthday present arrived ... yes I know my birthday was in November ... and in a later post I will tell you who these chaps are so you don't have to put up with this service.. YES it is abuse and YES I am going to use my blog to make wide spread statements of crap service ...

anyway here it is .. I have been bought a statuette of me, on stage last year, at the Edinburgh Free festival ... wearing a bear suit and paying my guitar. What an exceptional thought .. and a lovely present ... just 3 things ..

1) It looks nothing like me
2) It took the company 6 months to get it done
3) It was broken when it got here (glued for the picture)..

If I looked like that .. I would have a face for popular TV .. not radio (which is what I have right now..). I would be a model and paid hundreds of pounds to smile at cameras .. not used to model quasimodo and paid to stand away from cameras ... and ... I would have T shirts like DILF available .. rather than DICK available .. well you get it .. its not me is it?

The company was via Groupon .. and whilst Groupon were very quick to respond to this poor service (kudos where due) the company they used for this were utterly crap, clearly blind, and as talented as sculptors as I am at DIY ...

The good ... so the good was that I was bought a gift of thought and consideration .. the Bad was a blind mans Labrador could have done a better job of it .. and the ugly .. is they took no pride in their work.

Today - I need to return a call to finalise some filming for the show.. I have had a look early this morning at the show content and some changes have been made .... and I am about to pop over to a friends to teach her son a wiggles song on the Uke .. its good practice for me also.. Wasn't Mr wiggles the evil cat in cats and Dogs ???? well that not the wiggles I am referring to .. its those Oz chaps who dress like telly tubbies and sing songs about eating fruit and veg etc.. yeah right .. that's going to work chaps ... the younger generation had Relax don't do it .. by Frankie goes to Hollywood and that didn't make them ...... well you know the song and what it was about ..

so right that's it for a busy working day .. off I go to play with my Uke Duke ... hope I don't get caught ...





2 comments:

  1. Actually - Groupon gave me my money back but the main culprits were 1Minime..... who didn't give me my money back. But, hey, you look much younger than the model, eh!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John. Your coaching is much appreciated. Toot too chugga chugga

    ReplyDelete