Thursday 14 June 2012

whatever keeps you happy !!

I have been ill most of the week - so apart from organising and coordinating bits - I have not been able to run through the show as stands... I can tell you I think its about 15 mins short at this moment ... but cant tell as I have not been able to run through the new format yet.....

During my last 3 days, my small pond of fish has managed to find itself a new friend .. A Heron ... which seems to has triggered a lot of distress.... well lets put it like this - the fish don't seem pleased about it anyway...  yet (and as far as I can tell) all are present and correct, in terms of fish anyway ...

To deal with this, and as I cannot use my down time to run through the show.. I am tasked with finding a solution .. so here we go ...

1) look at what is available in the market
2) read reviews
3) look at effectiveness against cost
4) talk to the fish about their requirements
5) acquire solution..

YES !! its a project with milestones and achievable smart objectives .. (geeks will have a giggle at this comment .. rest of you - tough !! )

Whats available ? a fake Heron .. 3 different types... an infra-red activated water squirter ... a low voltage electric fence (????) ... a sonic scarer ... a pagoda build with any combination of the above ... underwater meshing... over pond meshing ...  + also ran ideas ....

The retractable roof pagoda .. Wembley stadium style  ... was always going to be a non runner ... I like the fish .. but not THAT much...
I wont go item by item this stuff .. but it seems that on all the write-ups .. a combined fake Heron with sonic scarer seem to be very effective. So there we have it.. off to some user forums to see what they say ...

Like it ...  hate it ... tried electric fence but heron stepped over it ..  tried water squirter but flooded neighbours ... tried pagoda ... Heron found it useful for shade ... etc etc .. but here are the 3 best responses in my opinion ...
The hippy ... yeah man - but they are only having a free meal man .. they have a right man ..








The angry man ... I use a .22 shot gun on mine .. (hippy response ... they are protected man ..) angry man with .22 rifle - maybe so .. but not in my garden ...





The solution provider .. sell the gold fish - buy piranha and leave it open for the herons to pop in ...

Well I was entertained ...

Show ??? oh yes the show .. thats what this blog is supposed to be about ...

Yes ... so I have the filming sorted .. its not cheap .. so it had better be top quality .... my props are off to be "fixed " ready for the show at some stage today / tomorrow .. and I have ordered a decent quality radio mic for my system... it cost an arm and a fin .. so it had better be worth it !!!!!

Now to get the show to the standard of the equipment :) :) ...


No comments:

Post a Comment