Thursday 25 August 2011

Camden, Brighton, Edinburgh ... ?

I was sat here yesterday - and Camden Fringe was suggested by a Meerkat  ...

Ah yes - Meerkats .. its a name I have now adopted for hyperactive individuals (normally female) who are always moving quickly, eating loads, and always interested in what's happening ... Meerkat...

So I had a look, and its on at the same time as the Ed Fringe ... that's a bit of a dilemma ... I was still thinking of doing a short something at the Ed Fringe next year - and now I have Camden to look at as well. That's Brighton, Camden, and possibly Edinburgh. If this carries on I will have to go full-time :) :) yeah yeah ... like that's going to happen.

I am looking at the material I am going to use for the next fringe events already - and I am sure that I will do 2 shows this time - one a solo bareguitarist act and one a music based show with Musicsmith - if he still wants to do one of course.

Also - I don't think I am ready for the type of audience interaction I did in the Ed fringe show ... I was using a pull / push method for the comedy - but that failed on certain nights - and was too good on others. Failed when the audience was so far in one dynamic that they could not see what I was doing (I am thinking specifically when most of them didn't speak English..) - and too good when they not only saw what I was trying to do - but contributed so much that the show over ran ... These nights were the best fun ever - but I am not experienced enough to be able to run to time.

The best fun ever shows were things like ... when I asked in one part of the show if women had a secret draw of ex-male partners conquests underwear that they took out and recalled old memories from - I was given explicit details by one middle aged American and 2 NZ 's !!! The american woman had an old pair of boxers from an old boyfriend she kept in her draw and took them out for a sniff every so often !!!! the NZ's hid an old shirt they got given by a male stripper - and they made their dates wear them - then had a sniff or two of them after !!! Man - that night was the funniest, most awkward, and shocking night I have encountered in a few years .... thanks god I didn't do the bit about STD's in the show - or this night would have been unrecoverable ...

Another fun show was when someone decided to have a debate with me about Norma Jean - when it was released, and the fact that it was not in the 80's ????  that was just too weird for words.

Of course - talking about fun nights - the famous - infamous - ring tone night ... Yes - You Corn Beef !!!! and your two ring tones when your mother called during the show .. its recorded and can be downloaded for anyone who wants to see it... I suggest you show your mother this.. therefore by the grace of god go I .. as there were a umber of shows I forgot to turn my phone off - and I could hear it buzzing away behind me constantly...

Anyway - so what about some golden oldies on the Uke ? I am working on some bits currently - 2 new songs as well - and I am going to get a backing track done for the 2 Calypso pieces - as one of them sounds out of tune with just the Uke ...  anyone play Jazz Brass ?

The Bareguitarist..




No comments:

Post a Comment