Wednesday 31 August 2011

What happens when the police stop a bear driving a brand new Merc ?

Of course you would not believe that the very same thing that caused me such a huge head ache at the Ed Fringe  is still causing me a head ache !!! that's too long for a piece of business to go without conclusion...

This nightmare - just about single handedly took the enjoyment out of doing the fringe most nights. Its not to be mistaken as something that could not have been avoided - it could have been...

Anyway - so here I am. I wanted to work on some music and move some pieces forward, but at the moment I am not in the mood to do this. What I have been able to do so far is put more work into the Uke pieces - and some time into themes for future shows. I had some interesting ideas from a walk down the South Bank in London at the weekend - and what I need to do next is pull this stuff together into a show structure - but its not at that stage yet... its a set of notes and pictures I have on my laptop for now...

I have a critic / come producer / come music addict / come frustrated consultant who is going to give me some help to build the show (Mr Deed) - and I can guarantee I will get a lot of comments on bits of the show as I work on them from various quarters. I don't want to be doing shows on a regular basis - but I cant see how with out some way of trying stuff with a wider audience I am going to be able to tune the show.. so that means picking up a gig or two along the way then...

I also dropped a line to the organiser of the Free Fringe. The note was to give him feedback from the various acts at the Renroc venue (a lot of it was not that pleasant) .. Why me - I was the point of contact for the venue on behalf of the fringe ... The venue was terrific for what it was - but it had some pitfalls which were enhanced and multiplied by an Edinburgh fringe management team who really thought that they were doing the entertainers a favour... well they need to think more mutually - is my only comment.

So what happens when the police stop a bear driving a brand new Merc ? I have some ideas - but I am always interested to hear others ....

The Bareguitarist !!


No comments:

Post a Comment