Saturday 6 August 2011

more equipment than a genesis revival concert..

I'm here ... its the Edinburgh Fringe - its a huge festival - and I am taking part in one of the worlds largest and well known events !!!! hey - this is spooky to say the least...

The show had its first night last night - I have been off line as it took some considerable effort to get everything in place and get here... driving up took about 9 hours in the end - by the time you count for two stops - a bacon buttie which was the size of London - a woman with huge display shelf (they are well presented !!)  that must warm the heart of many a truck driver - and a couple of coffee breaks. I got here to a nice apartment - and straight into sorting out the show ...

While doing this - I spotted a few other acts sorting their bits out - its then - and only then - do you realise that you are trying to be a little too technical... my show seemed to have more equipment than a genesis revial concert.. 14 roadies - 16 sound engineers - and the 400 ft back drop screen was perhaps a little elaborate for the venue ... I am exaggerating - I know -  but it took some setting up.

anyway - first night went OK - straight after the first full show I was straight on stage with a walk on show called the fast fringe ... so taxi - straight across town - and got there with about 20 mins to spare - the show had already started.

 I had no idea about - the set up - the layout - the sound system - the stage - when I walked out of the entrance door - I had no idea who the audience was - where the stage was - etc etc. It was very lucky my costume for this act was brown !!!

And next -- on stage -- please welcome the bareguitarist ....... and that's it - I was on ... I had some thoughts about the 4 mins on stage - but really had not worked them through ... It was a large stage - with about 50 odd people in the room - bright lights meant I couldn't see a thing off stage - and a dull audience ..

I did my bit - not too many giggles - but the audience seemed to prefer gutter style comedy this night - had I pulled a banana from my rear - I think it would have made the act !!! However I got the loudest applause from a selection of comedians !!! nah nah na na nah !!!!

Oh and good reviews - and some good feedback - a gay chap didn't like one of my images - so I have changed that - and a couple of props miss behaved - think I have sorted this out today - so time to get ready for day 2 of the act - the show - no additional shows today !!!

Its a tough life being a bearguitarist.

2 comments:

  1. Well done old man you,ve got some balls. Obviously the act will be perfect by the time we land. Most importantly where exactly is bacon buttie heaven (a fine rack of ribs) ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bring on the big crowds. Show them your wares (but not the bear's)... and maybe consider asking the barman to join the cast.

    Are we sure the prop is from Barnsley? His binding was a bit loose.
    KD

    ReplyDelete