Wednesday 10 August 2011

A night at the Electric Circus .....

I am a few years into my time at the fringe - actually day 6 - but its been a very full 6 days - as I am sure you have been reading about.

Last night was about the most unusual of the entire fringe - the show - well we were running late going in - and coming out. the audience was virtually zero - from a virtually full house the day before - and I decided to just do some music. I found the only person in Edinburgh who knows the two calypso songs I do - so well she was singing along to them ???? no-one even heard of them ??? she was of course from the Caribbean which then explained everything.. show over - some nice fun music -

Onto the Uke Cabaret - which I was not much of a mood for - don't ask - Not a nice day - work wise -nothing to do with the show or such. The Uke concert was ... well I felt it went pretty crap - I felt crap - and I guess that's why it all felt crap... I came 3rd - which I think was a generous audience on the night - helped somewhat by the fact that not many of the shows were Uke driven.....

Then off to the Electric Circus .... so walk down through town - and all roads from the side of town we were on - were closed by the police - you simply could not get from where we were to where the EC was ... we tried every route.... then got to the road that runs under the bridge and found out why,,, there was a jumper on the bridge and they were trying to talk him down.  Eventually one of the side roads opened and we were able to go around the problem.

The show went down really well - got a huge response - and it was enjoyed and  fun. sort of reminded me why I am doing the fringe. We got a huge reception from the in house band - who were also fantastic to listen to. Got most of the band and the woman doing the hosting half naked ... won't tell anyone how :) then stayed and had a few beers with them all. good night..

Then sadly heard  the jumper jumped. That's a shame really as he looked quite young.. yes saw him ... I was nearly underneath him as we tried to find a route through to the gig.

Some people have gone into melt down as the fringe this year ?? If you want to support me - please send Valium to Cafe Renroc C/O Baregutiarist ...... or I might be joining them :) :) :)

2 comments:

  1. It looks hot in that suit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it seems like a tough gig, not the gig itself, but the whole experience at the Fringe. Will you need therapy after it's over ... oops, I forgot ... you'll be heading back to London ... or not, if you can avoid going back there. Shocking news down there. Truly shocking.
    So enjoy Edinburgh ... seems like a better venue for an out of body experience ... if not an out of strange costume experience.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete