Monday 22 August 2011

To Infinity and Beyond ....

Brighton Pier
So this is it - do I continue with my Blog - or consign it to the archives of "lonely and no longer loved" blogs..?

I think I will continue - as I am planning to make a further journey next year - with possible stops along the way .. next year - I think I will focus on the Brighton fringe .... and then possibly look at doing other smaller fringes as well. But my target is going to be the Brighton fringe this year...

Why? - well the Ed Fringe is a world established event. Its shows are on far extremes - on one extreme - the "bareguitarist" type of free show - limited budget - shoe string production - and performing with your heart on your sleeve  (and your bollocks in a bear!!) - and on the other the ticket based £20  per head per night professional shows with sound and lighting engineers, massive PR coverage, and critics who want to be seen reviewing them. I have to compete for audiences against these shows - which is nearly impossible.  I have seen and was told about shows that had no audience attending them. I was lucky to always have an audience. I just think its going to be easier to be a bigger fish in a smaller pond for the moment. Hence Brighton.
4* Accommodation Brighton 

I also have a thing about the huge cost of accommodation, food and drink - which seems to be over London prices for the entire show. I think that Brighton is not going to be a massive amount cheaper - but its closer for me to get to, travel and other costs are likely to be much less, and accommodation should be cheaper. Its also by the sea !!! a bonus then..

I am going to aim for a blog every couple of days - rather than the frenzy of every day with the road to Edinburgh ...

In between - I am going to try out some new material on audiences as I go along - how I do this as a hobby type of thing? Haven't figured that one out yet - but certainly planning it.. 

I will keep you updated on how this goes -

So to infinity and beyond .... and another black hole to dive into :)




No comments:

Post a Comment