Tuesday 21 August 2012

A vampire - a foul mouthed Irish guy - and V....I....N...C....E !!!! :) :)

This is it ... 3 days left of ball grinding Bipolar activity .I am happy - sad - happy - sad - they like me - they don't - they like the show - they don't ...I am happy - sad - happy - sad ...

I met up with some of the Irish guys who were doing the show before mine last week, some of who have their own shows still - their comments were very much along the line of  - "ah now begorrah - you see those *&^%$&&** **&^%$£**&& *astards  .. they will send you to &*^^%$£ hell and back". Yesterday he said he had a 2/3rd full show .. but zero atmosphere .... same show had 5 people in day before and it was a storm ...  "****ing send you Bipolar if you allow it to... this fringe "..

Well I agree - I have had loads of people in - and the show was as flat as a whale fart after a night out in Patel's curry house .. followed by a hand full of people and I had a great time along with them and the show.

Tonight ? I haven't got time to tell you about tonight... I am too busy giving you anecdotes before the show ... oh right that's what the blog is supposed to be about ... OK then ...

So nobody in to start with. Just before I started a woman popped her head around the door and asked how long before I start? I told her 1 minute. She disappeared.  So I got going with some music .. I wanted to see if I could remember how to play American Pie .. and Peggy Gordon - etc.. so I sat down got out my guitar and was playing around. Half way thought a moving rendition of Carrickfergus .. this woman popped her head in again and asked if I had started. I carried on singing and did not answer her. She left. So next up American pie - the boxer - and Peggy Gordon .. and back came this woman again. This time she sat down. followed by a couple more people. So I asked them what they wanted - Music or the second half of the show? They selected music.

I did a bit of an intro - and asking where everyone came from ... "Anastasia" .. she said .. "from Transylvania" ... well externally I gave her a stony gentle smile .. inside .... I fell apart .. I was rolling all over the floor in extreme laughter ... My pupils dilated as I tried with all my will power not to open my mouth .... about 400 quips went through my head .. all the old corny jokes  whizzed through my brain in an attempt to get me make a comment - any comment - that would probably make her walk out ... but NO !!! I stayed calm... and carried on ... (allowing for the newly formed wet patch in my panda suit of course) I was going to do Zombie Jamboree as a first song .. lets face it .. I knew I would fall apart...
During that song as "Vince" echoed through my head in a hollow voice (remake of Dracula) ... and every image from the few hundred Hammer House of Horror films ran riot thought my brain .. Oh yes ...I just about got through the song laughing hysterically every 3 seconds. I bet that no-one dared leave in case I pulled out a knife or something ... I must have come across as nutty as a fruit cake .. but I just could not keep a straight face ... laughing at music interludes etc etc... made worse as I saw them moving backwards slowly in my head .... (growing damp patch ... )

During the show I couldn't help myself .. I dropped odd comments like "don't worry I wont bite you" to other members of the audience .. normally followed by the comment "but she might" in my head .. which caused me to totally forget what I was doing ... as I fell into another song collapsing with laughter .....FUN!!! you just cannot buy this!! Bipolar ... YOU BET !!!!!!!! ......... V....I....N...C....E !!!! :) :)

I was so distracted by my "Vampire" that I didn't exploit the couple from Glasgow and Hamilton ... which in any other show would have offered me ample opportunity to have a little tease... But I just dare not open my mouth tonight ...

Just to try to annoy me - 4 people kept popping their heads around the door ... but tonight .. yes tonight .. not even that could dampen my fun ... I was having such a good time - I overran slightly... and to add icing to my cake tonight .. they popped in again at the end of the show .. and I had great pleasure telling them in a firm and harsh voice that the show was over and they needed to go.

I must say I had a good time with the audience tonight - and Anastasia was very nervous after she told me where she was from. Nice bunch tonight ..... V....I....N...C....E !!!! :) :) .... oh god - please stop me ...

You know what .. sometimes it good to be a bipolar bear / bare / happy / sad / guitarist .....






4 comments:

  1. According to Wikipedia, Transalvania means "on the other side of the woods". Maybe she's politely telling the panda where to go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Paul - no please - Please .. I had just calmed down ... she says she is popping back to see the whole show ... perhaps she has to wait until the sun goes down before she can come along? I was thinking of inviting her out for a steak ... but I don't think her heart was in it ... no Paul .. no please don't let me carry on ....

      Delete
  2. or maybe she was going to the woods for some leaves.............!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So - in every old Hammer house horror ... there is always a woods where the Vampire lures half naked women (normally in their see-through baby doll and frilly panties) for a nibble or two ... perhaps she was trying to lure me in to the woods wearing mine??? Oh yes ... that thought will take some getting out of your head now !!!! :) :) ......

    ReplyDelete