Monday 20 August 2012

♫ tell me why ... I don't like Mondays ... tell me why...♫

Oh yes - there is a reason the boom town rats did this song ... oh yes yes yes ..... I don't like Monday - and I can tell you why ....

NO BLINKING AUDIENCE !!!!!


empty - kaput - zip - zero - Nada  - void - empty - echo - NO- ONE ...

How many years have I done music - a few times at shows - and a couple of fringes - I have never had an empty show...




So I sat for a while .. in my Panda suit ... had a scratch or two.... FLEES dam FLEES ....

Had a crab race ... you don't want to know !!!

Set up the mics - and had a nice session of music all to myself ... sort of masturbation with a guitar ... I had a great time... must do it again ... at a less expensive destination ....

No matter what anyone says - this years fringe has been quiet .. I keep seeing that venues are full and queues for shows are happening ...... from the people who organise the fringe  !!!!  but non of the acts are saying this. None of the big venues seem over subscribed. In fact if you want tickets to any shows you can get them. Now that's not normal.

The comedy stand-up Irish comedians I had before my show had a reasonable crowd in most nights - but their takings were worse than mine !!!!

The new Irish comedians just started on Sunday - have had small audiences and finished 15 mins early every time. So I guess I should be OK with what's happening at my show?

But no - not really - I am not going to do Edinburgh again next year .. I am thinking of Brighton .. or maybe not a fringe at all - maybe a festival ???? Maybe the May festival on the Summerisle ?? (wickerman) ... now that's a festival !!!! Wonder if Bit Ekland has worn well with age .. if its only wrinkles ... I can help her with that :) :) (show reference ..)

who knows .. but its all fun being a bareguitarist ....

4 comments:

  1. No audience - no feedback. Brilliant :-)
    It was my idea - I told the landlord not to let through any humans or babies.
    Trust me, the show that we saw that afternoon featured a packed audience of fidgeting, screaming, farting babies & kids. You had it easy, John!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Paul .. I know how horrible this must be .. to have all that farting - burping - screaming - constant fidgeting ... yes I had the McDonald twins at my show last Sunday ...

      So I guess I did my apprenticeship early on :)

      Delete
  2. no pandamonium then???? cut your losses!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I disagree - there was monopandaium (guess the old dyslexia has kicked in again ...)

      :)

      Delete