Friday 24 August 2012

The last Mohican - Kiss me hardy - yes this is it ....

Last show ..... but 1 ...... yes that's about it .. the last Mohican  .... Custers last stand ... Last orders at the bar ... Kiss me hardy .... yes this is it ....

Tonight I just tuned the format again a little ... it wasn't flowing and I was struggling to find a format that included all the bits I wanted in but yet had a flow ... and this format is as near to it as I can get - I think...

When I got to the bar it was empty ... and when I say empty I mean empty .. I counted 4 people in the entire bar. With 20 mins to the show I decided that I was going to call it off. after all I can have another play around on the guitar, do some music, without having to set up the entire show (which takes around 15 mins to do) .

Outside there was not many people around either ... a few leaflets handed out - and a few chats with people - but I didn't get that warm cuddly feeling that people were REALLY going to come back... I had had a chat with a Canadian couple - really nice couple and the chap was a real character... who had told me they were popping back. He had told me he wrestled bears ... they all do in Canada ... nice he get stereo typing humour then ....


and a nice Swiss couple had said they would be back ... but you know people get distracted etc.


So I went to the bar got a shandy, and sipped away happily, on the presumption that with the bar being SO empty, I was going to cancel the show....when I spotted the Canadian chap and his partner. Right ... so if they have come back to see the show - then I had better get my skates on to get it ready. After all its not fair to them if I don't. Then in walked the Swiss couple into the bar. And ... I am LATE !!!!!

The thing about having Canadians and Americans in the show is this ... they are loud ... lovely outspoken and loud ... and it just makes a show ... Great fun ......They were joined by a couple from England and Wales (OH DEAR ... The welsh show image and gag) ... and we were off.

The show ran well - the mic packed in - but it was OK I went acoustic ... and with some fun, laughs, some mixed responses, the look of sheer HORROR on the Swiss woman every time I went any where near her .. and the Canadian couple who were having a nice time .. and the English chap who I was concerned about at first as he sat in a very defensive position in the corner ... the night was a fun night.

Its Hearts V Liverpool in the European cup (football) .. so after the show ... a brief drink in town .. then get out of dodge before the fans arrive.

After all .. a Panda in the streets of a drunken set of football supporters is not the safest way to spend the evening.

Not the biggest audience - but one of the most fun to do  .....for a bareguitarist ....

No comments:

Post a Comment