Wednesday 15 August 2012

Football ??? WHAT FOOTBALL ??

Another day for the show. got a good crowd in at 7.15 ... who then rapidly dissipated at 7.43 - leaving a handful in the audience. FOOTBALL ? oh right an Irish pub, with Ireland playing, based in Scotland, with Scotland playing, with a number of English tourists ... with England playing, and I nearly lost my token Auzzie .. but I don't think she was that bothered about the game and seemed more interested in her jug of pimms. Good old Auzzies ....

To be fair - and I must say if he thought he could do it without his wife beating him to a pulp .. I nearly lost my last Scottish bloke ... but he sat patiently through the whole show ...  I felt sorry for him and finished it early (by 5 mins) ..

The show is always harder to generate atmosphere without a crowd .. and I have been hearing that crowds are down by 2/3rds - but that doesn't make too much difference to me - it more about having a good time. I Feared the worse though when I got 3 of the MOST miserable old people into the show. I am normally happy to work with the crowd .. but these 3 were the MOST MOST MOST miserable people I have ever seen. They left  after about 20 mins - and I was pleased to see them go. Note to self ... slap the next people I see who come into my show like that .... It was like having 3 grim reapers visit .. shudder at the thought... and the Auzzie made the comment when they left that they would have had a heart attack had they sat through the show ... know what I think she is right .. who knows maybe they were having a bad day? shouldn't judge I suppose...

I tried a different entrance .. well wont be doing that again .. it would work in a large stage production .. but fell flat on its face .... and a huge wet patch was left on the floor as a consequence... DONT ASK !!!

I even had my hand puppet Panda out with me handing out leaflets tonight .. and he works a treat ... BUT for the fact that it was pouring with rain... and I went into the show smelling like a wet dog .. or Panda ... I could actually feel the wet floor under my feet as the wet panda suit dripped onto the floor. Well that's 2 things I am not going to do again then ....

I have had my beermats delivered today - an emergency print from Pinksheep.co.uk .. thanks guys ... after being let down in the most unprofessional and bunch of useless individuals called Mosaic printing ... I have left my feedback in them on every site I could find .... DO NOT USE THEM - EVER !!!

I am going to reverse a few changes to the show ... I didn't like them all .. but hey that's part of the fun when you are a bareguitarist x



No comments:

Post a Comment