Monday 20 August 2012

Back to future - to the past - to the future - part 22

well it feels like Back to future - to the past - to the future - part 22 - as I am now on the 5th iteration of the show...

I like the sharper edgy - in your FACE !!!! stuff ... the evacuating audiences didn't. I liked the fast moving jokes, less music .. the audience didn't.

So I am Earl Okin then ... well let me look at this.

Did Ed free fringe and Ed fringe for years - not the most popular with fixed Fringe type of audiences - famous, well known, but has a certain humour that either fits or doesn't. Stopped doing the fringe as he was having audiences who really did not understand what he was doing - and now does circuits around the UK. YEP .. that sounds about right.

OK - so back to the standard type of format it is. Its a Sunday, I have changed the show with .. LOADS .....of time to spare (3.2 mins) now to execute... and I know, all too well, that I am not going to have a clue in what order, what is coming and when... YIPPPPEEEE !!!! (Valium .. where's my Valium ... )

Caesar on stage .. Brutus in the audience .. knife at the ready ... audience in .. and we start. No sound ... great ... so sort this out then as we go along I guess. A coffee drinking guy with motor cycle leathers comes in and joins the audience. GREAT ... of all nights , of all times, of all my bloody luck .. a critic pops in on the fly !!!!!! THANK YOU GOD !!!!!! where is the lightening then ? where is the boils and sores ??????

Sound sorted about 1/3rd through ..  and slides appearing from places they were not supposed to. Got caught with a guitar in my hand - when I was supposed to have the UKE ... and trying to make this look smooth.

Well.... show went OK (ish) I guess, the format was somewhat mixed up. But you know - its all OK compared to BRUTUS !!! who I know is going to comment again later ... yes - I can hear your knifes being sharpened !! :)

Feedback from the show was OK - and in all seriousness thanks to those who have taken time to give it. I feel so much .... so much ..... well .... so much like ... where is that rope again .........

Its onwards and onto Monday night for the bare guitarist .. oh what fun ....




No comments:

Post a Comment