Friday 31 August 2012

Are you a Panda Admirer, Cuddler, or Grinder ?

The show finished a week ago tonight, and back to reality, I still haven't wrapped everything up and put it all away.

The end of the show never fails to cause a laugh / panic / not knowing where to look / blokes find it nearly as threatening as women - and I find women the MOST funny at this point of the show.. Women are always saying to blokes my face is some 12 inches North of where you are looking ... but women are just as bad... when I am looking at them at the end part of the show, they are obviously red faced, flustered, and with diluted pupils and wide eyes, forcefully and deliberately focused on my face ... I even have to ask some women to keep their eyes up as their eyes get locked .. just below the guitar level ....

When I see this ... I deliberately and quickly turn and look at another member of the audience, then turn my head back.. that's when you catch them ... yes ..  and my face is some 36 inches North of their eye line ... and that is SO funny. Its a moral high ground that I really believe is not based on solid ground.. Ladies ... !!! But more importantly ... its great fun to do, and has become one of my personal favourite parts of the show ...  Blokes are just all over the place ... they fold their arms, turn to one side, look down at their feet .. but the stranger dynamics are the blokes who are looking at their partners to see what they are looking at ... I imagine there are a number of interesting conversations occur outside of the show with these chaps !!! 



So where am I with the show shut down...

I published the films on UTube ... I have sorted out and packed up my radio Mic system  nicely, I have cleared away some bits. But I still have things to do..

The Barnsley Props need a wash / clean / sterilisation .... they were just perfect this year ... my thanks again to Gill and Paul. 

The Panda Suits need dry cleaning then packing away in a sealed bag .. as moths find these suits VERY attractive.




I have to find a home for BAD Panda ... my prop used during the last week of the show ... hand puppet Panda needs putting back to his normal place, my panda ears need putting away, etc ..The house is looking more like a Panda sanctuary at the moment.... 

As a consequence to doing a show around Pandas .. I keep getting emails about Pandas, or Panda pictures, or interesting facts.... its great .. but what I really want to know, what I REALLY must sort out ... is ... is a Panda Cuddly, nice to look at, or worth a good old grind ? You know what I mean !!! If I am to be known as "the Panda boy" ... then its important .. at least it is to me... yeah fine for you lot... in your smart suits and Gucci handbags (well the blokes anyway) .. But ....Is a Panda ....
1) that cuddly friend who everyone likes - but no-one dates? (reference show again here !!! )
2) that nice looking chap at the bar - who you spot - but no-one approaches ?
3) that chap who is going to get "jumped on"?

Answers on a post card -  (or maybe not !!)

Having missed so much sun this year, as Edinburgh was permanently under cloud, and rain , with zero sunshine, I think I am getting SAP ... yes .....Seasonally Affected Panda ... I need sunshine !!! (I think I am not alone here..) that's the next thing on my mind ....

Got some nice pictures this morning from my sister (below) - enjoy 

A Panda looking Bareguitarist ....



Mom? Can you come and get me down now?

 




 I'm not coming out.
You'll have to come in and get me.

You go. I'll just stay here and rest my head a little bit.

Pardon me but do you have a napkin? 
                                                                  




                     Pandas looking for lost earrings.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment