Monday 20 August 2012

Teacher ...Stand up - or sit down ?


So its Friday night - some friends up .. some changes made to the show - some smoothing over of the harsh parts of the show ... and now its time to run it through.

See - I listened to the comedy club ... and quite honestly, I am not a stand up .. more of a sit down, slow burning type, with anecdotes and amusing pieces of information intermixed with some factual information and music ....

FACTUAL INFORMATION !!! OMG ... I have become a .... no please ... no I cant have ... NOOOOOOOOOOO ... a TEACHER !!!!!!!

where's the rope - that's it - I am going to hang myself ...

well OK not quite - but I guess I deliver funny situations best around a story - than a hard hitting comedy stand-up. The facts were there to see. I got the best responses and the most pleased crowds when I just did this type of delivery. This is more true when you consider that I can do some hard and fast stuff, but on walk-ons, the 5 or 10 min step onto stage stuff, but in one hour, its just not me.

My visiting "friends" (yes et tu Brutus !!! ) were happy to give me this feedback also. It was the ides of March all over again ....

Thanks Goodness I have Saturday night off. I can sit recount my thoughts, lick my wounds, take some Valium, read my self help books, listen to my positive reinforcement tapes, and cry hopelessly in a dark corner ...

Yes I HAVE FEELINGS TOO !!!!!! ... well OK maybe not - but I can pretend to have them .. to make you merciless critics feel bad ... :) :)

Good feed-back - and time to re-think the show back into its more gentle format.

4th version of the show .. and I feel like a knackered Bare guitarist !!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment