Tuesday 28 August 2012

The day after - the day after - the night before - ...

So Its the day after the night before the... well you get it ...

The show finished with the final performance on Friday .... and with the trip down, the volume of alcohol after the show, and a call into see my mother (was her birthday) ... took a little time to do the blog on Saturday night (half asleep) - and then got down here on Sunday I was a little bit knackered.

What a great time. It was fun, it was challenging (another word for a pain in the ar*e), it was interesting (another word for challenging), and I believe that in the end I got the show genuinely  fringe like for the last few days.

As I sit here today, I am thinking about - what next?  Edinburgh ... well maybe not next year. Fringe .. well not sure.... Why ?
 2 key elements for me.
1 - I just cannot sit in darkness for another few weeks .. Edinburgh was exceptionally dark this year in terms of cloud cover, constant rain, and zero sun light. I need sunlight ...






2. is the costs. Edinburgh has just got to be too expensive for me. I could reduce the costs by staying in shared accommodation... eating tins of half finished food from the trash ... etc. NO .. not really. apparently you can get to Edinburgh by train, with advanced booking and during off-peek times cheaply .. but not with 2 guitars, clothes for a few weeks, CLEAN UNDERWEAR !!!, props and equipment, it would not be possible for me... and sharing accommodation .. well again ...

Yes if it was with the performers of a burlesque show ...










but the thought of being castrated by my partner for a few quid .. does not appeal either.

I think first plan is look at Brighton Fringe - and see what that looks like. I can get to that easily ... and costs are low enough to justify the means.

I will miss doing Edinburgh though ... it has that sense of the real fringe that I am not sure I will find else where ...

Next blog is to explore what went wrong with the show at the start. But that's it - for now - for the bareguitarist (who need to get some real work done..)...


1 comment:

  1. Well done John.
    I wish I'd seen the last show now :-)
    Shall I bin the video that I took?

    ReplyDelete