Thursday 23 August 2012

OK stupid ... DON'T ASK THE GEORDIE ABOUT THE SHOW !!!

But I did - didn't I ...

OK then from the top....

Tonight started with me sat in the living room of the flat - and I didn't want to go. I wasn't feeling too good - but that's not only it.  I didn't want to go .. tonight .. Wednesday night ... I felt it was going to be quiet ... so what if I missed tonight - just tonight - I could always pick it tomorrow right ?

No.. Yes - No... Yes .. oh crap - Bipolar kicked in again ... right - so part of MY personal benefit form doing the shows is to push me to do the things I wouldn't normally do day to day .. like the leaflets .. yes I could just do the show without them... without standing around finding ways to talk to total strangers passing in the street ... but what would I gain from that? Same for the show - dealing with every sort of personality you could name ...

Right so - feel like it or not - show it is ...

I met up with some guys from a previous show and had a chat .. nice distraction.. then out to the street and passed by one man - a dog - and ...... nothing ... but you know the saying - the show must go on right ...

So open the doors - and in walks a handful of people .. followed by a few more ... so I was wrong then ... not going to be quiet after all. On with the usual intro's ... I have 2 Northern Irish lasses, 1 girl from Norway, 1 from South Africa, a couple from Southern Ireland, a couple appeared from Italy, a smattering of Scots, and a guy from Newcastle ... Geordie...

I got on with the show .. ran the format ... half way through the Geordie was dropping off .. great .. but onwards ... then the girl from Norway went into fits of laughter, followed by complete and utter out -loud laughing fit from the SA girl .. yes it was that time of the show when this happens ... whilst it was a little more extreme than normal .. and went for so long the show nearly over ran .. I got to the end. It certainly woke everyone up!!!

Nice show - enjoyed it .. had a crack and so did the audience .. except for the Geordie !!! who barely cracked a grin .... OK well you cant win them all.

Pack up everything and out for a well earned shandy gargle (driving) .. and there - at the end of the bar .. THE GEORDIE ..... so you know what happened next .. he came over and started to chat. "Go on .. ask him if he enjoyed the show"  said that horrible voice in my head ....I couldn't help myself .. I wanted to stop .. I just couldn't.. so I did... and he enjoyed it.. I asked him for an honest opinion ... he said he wanted more background details on the stuff I was doing .. god sake man .. I ramble on like an idiot for what feels like 14 hours .. but apparently not enough .. he wanted more of that and whilst that meant less of the other stuff - which he said he found funny (LAUGH OUT LOUD THEN!!!!) .. he wanted to hear more of the interesting stuff. So why was he falling asleep ? He had caught the early morning train from Newcastle .. had about 8 beers, and was knackered.

Well that was a shock .. nice well educated chappie as well .. very articulate .. had he wished to tell me I was crap he would have found a nice way to do I suspect, and after all he is a Geordie .. not famous for their subtle tendencies.....

Well just 2 more days to be a Bareguitarist ....

2 comments:

  1. At least you're not crap then John :-)
    If you do decide to 'entertain' us again next year John, you should rename you're gig "The Bare Stereo-typist" :-) LOL It's sunny here BTW

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I walked into a bar and said Ouch .. eak ... it was a Brutus Warmsy bar!!!! :) :) There were 7 senators with one knife each ... you are not allowed to stab me 3 times in one comment - its in the rules .. lol ...

    what a good idea .... as if my show is not enough on the edge .. lets really offend the audience !!...

    ReplyDelete