Saturday 25 August 2012

♫ and now the end is near - and so I face the final curtain ♫

Its not just near ... its here .. that it ... the final countdown .. the swan sound ... the end of existence ... its life Jim, but not as we know it...

Oh yes. Joined by a crowd of thousands and a cast that would make Spartacus look like a solo act ... its was the final show of the bare / bear / panda guitarist...... amidst cheers and sighs of relief ... and that was from the audience....I did my final performance... well maybe not ....

I had quite a full house for this final day. It was busy, lively, and had a nice scattering of what has become one of my favourite nations for this years show ... CANADIANS !!!!!  Yeah !!!

The last two shows I had the right format, and I had about 2 hours of material I could snap in and out of various parts of the show depends on what the audience are reacting positively to.

But what had I learned ? well I started the show with a set of comedy that I had worked on with a professional comedian.  I ended my run with anecdotes, stories, supported by slides and music... the same type of material I used last year. The more I took out the material I had worked on with the comedian, the better the responses got to the show. The final few shows had virtually nothing of those pieces in, and they were regarded (by the audience) as the best ...So next time just do what I do .. actually it appears to be what people enjoy.

Below are some show images, some images from the festival, I hope you will enjoy them.
Pats Baps :)

Let me thank everyone who  were generous to come to the show, everyone who gave me their feedback, Finnegan Wake - who are were exceptional hosts for the show, and all my friends who gave valuable time to spend a little time with me and my show ... and who am I missing? .. oh yes the Meerkat ... who travelled up and down from London 3 times.

This is not the end... not the end of the blog ... not the end of the show ... its just the final show note... once I arrive back to civilisation I will update with the show details - which I hope you will find interesting.

A very knackered Bareguitarist.

Finnegan Wake back room stage and seating area



Edinburgh Zoo - a treat compliments of the Warms (ta..)











 

No comments:

Post a Comment