Wednesday 6 July 2011

Beautiful women and Barnsley - 'ey up luv

My thanks today for Broadway music http://www.broadwaymusic.co.uk/ for allowing me to use their equipment, test out my guitar pick-up, and source some pieces I need for the show. Thanks guys...

Yesterday was a busy day, no blog, no time - had to get a number of things done including sourcing some of the show props. I did. Now it all starts to feel real. I have been all around the world to source one piece I needed. Just think about it... eventually accepted that China was the only place... 21 days delivery... and no guarantees..  then finally - finally - after some significant surfing - I found one - in BARNSLEY ... (the deep Yorkshire accent cant be replicated in text) but of all places in the world - BARNSLEY !!!! I used to live in Barnsley ...

Some of the countries most beautiful women live in Barnsley ... and some of the warmest people. You must know one thing about Barnsley and that end of Yorkshire  - they say it as it is - no airs and graces - no flowery language - if you're ugly then they don't say you have a nice personality - they say you're ugly.  Ah yes - beautiful women ... now they spare no thought for your emotional well being... if they want to talk to you, you know, if not then you can bet every penny you own, you will know ...
I was stood in a night club in Barnsley .. in my younger days of course .. on a stag night out with the boys. A very beautiful woman giving me the eye ... I eventually strolled over in my best James Bond walk and seductively asked her if she wanted a drink ? She looked at me in the eyes, her huge deep blue eyes stared right into mine, as she screamed out in the loudest most fish market type Yorkshire accent possible - al rate lov - gee us a pint.
It was a night club, the music was loud as hell, but she could be heard across the bar at 280 decibels .. Well I bought her a pint - then disappeared into the crowds. Chicken !!!! The thoughts that spin around your head in seconds are just unbelievable ... and in my head, at that moment, were 2 images ...firstly sat in a nice upmarket restaurant, with people chatting quietly and they share romantic moments... and then my new friend opens her mouth to order a pint .. in that same voice... ewwwwww.... Secondly, walking out of her house in the morning after a night of rampant passion - and the whole estate knowing what you did the night before as her every wish was screamed out at 280 decibels .... ??? imagine if I was not performing ??? Well actually I know that must be hard to imagine I wasn't a "top performer" Hee hee hee :) :) please no-one answer that one... well that's what goes on in my head in a few seconds ... nothing of any value I guess :) :) 

I have my new guitar stand, tested my pick-up, got some new cabling, and found one the most critical props. A good day then... well a good day if you are a bareguitarist ....

1 comment: