Saturday 2 July 2011

Clean underwear and Anne Summers ... a conflict maybe?

Its Saturday !!! I bet you didn't need my blog to realise that - but in case you did .. Its Saturday !!! I have ordered a new case for my Uke - and I am doing some sound testing on Wednesday for the guitar pick-up - while I am there I am going to try to resolve the length of my strap... its too short !! Guitar strap that is...

Last night I was able to get some props made for the show, and today I found the bits I need to make the props .. I am pretty uneasy about one prop for the show, but its ART !!! OK !!! Well you can judge that best when you see the show I guess ... but as I have said, its making me rather uneasy...

Today after I sorted out  the case for Duke (that's what I call my Uke) ... its was into Wimbledon town to have a look around the shops, a quick pop into Anne Summers, nothing in particular just a look around, ... yes NOTHING IN PARTICULAR OK !!! ...then onwards to All bar one. On route we saw an old (K reg 1972) Morris Minor police car with the police sign on top.. I was just about to comment that as a private car they should not be allowed to have the original police sign on top - then as the car pulled up next to us it had 2 police men in it... they were equally as aware of the funny side of what they were doing, as it was some sort of police PR thing.. very effective and a good way to raise the community profile. I was very impressed. The down side of a 1972 Morris minor is that they didn't need to be very fast cars in 1972, and these chaps would have no chance pursuing a criminal in this old thing...

I have to produce a box of goodies for the show also, and I must get my printed material sorted out - in fact I think its very late for the printed material now, and I suspect I will have some issues trying to get this done through the traditional routes. But anyway lets see how this goes. the box of goodies is more like a days shopping to get this sorted, and does not really need to be done yet.

Tonight no more show work. I have a private tour around the Williams F1 factory on Monday - and I know this will be a good day out to see how these cars are manufactured ready for racing, and I really looking forward to hearing what Patrick Head has got to say about the Williams journey. But now its wine, some food, and perhaps a movie ... I hope you are all washing your underwear ready for the show :)

The bareguitarist...

No comments:

Post a Comment