Saturday 9 July 2011

Woman in my oven and ships log continued ...

Ships log .. continued

After some hours we got a fair wind and was on our way. It was with the help of an old man, who was sat whittling his wood (so to speak) that helped us.. "a Jonah he told us ... when you are abandoned to unfair winds and your luck is gone - its a Jonah... look for a man who is clearly very unlucky, clearly cursed and betrayed by all around him, a man who is outcast and does not fit in this society.. "





We were mystified, all the drivers around me looked around suspiciously and we spotted the Jonah .. there - there is the Jonah - we told the old man .. the old man was clear  "no its was an unfortunate person, a person cursed by misfortune and paradox ... but not a Jonah ... the car maybe smart" he said "but clearly not the purchaser... don't blame him..." the old man whittled his wood a little more and then ...

just then we spotted the Jonah .. there is was for all to see, this poor accursed creature, white and rusty, clearly a deeply unfortunate person who was sold a dream and faced a nightmare... he drove slowly up with his Skoda.. it may have been a slightly newer version with the VW engine - but it was the old 1.3 unwanted VW engine he had, and though he had tried to disguise the fact that he had a Skoda, and gain favour with everyone with a sign saying my other car is Reliant Robin .. this was our Jonah...


after we dispatched him, the winds returned, and we were on our way...

So some interesting news today - I might be joined by another musician I used to play with some long time ago for the Ed Free Fringe 2011 ... for a few days ... If he can make it, then we will have two of us doing the show music for some of the time, which is always a nice thing to have for the show ... I will keep you updated. His new site ( its still under development so be nice please!!!) is www.musicsmith.co.uk .. give him a look over if you get a chance...

I am also nearly at a point where I can secure some sponsorship from www.equi8.com  and I hope that this will contribute towards the show costs ... give them a look of you get a chance also...

I got home about 11.15 ish last night after my nightmare journey - which I have now exorcised from the soul using this blog.. (I think).. to find a strange woman with her head in side my oven... I didn't recognise her from behind .. You NEVER want to be caught admitting you recognise a woman bent over like this, especially one who is not your partner!!
I didn't have the heart to tell her it was an electric oven !! :)
and that natural gas is not what it used to be in the old days ...
so I waited until she finished in there.. after she popped out of the oven, lightly browned on the outside, I saw it was Angela, a friend of my partner ... apparently her lack of food that evening had led her to look for crumbs or something.. I must state she fervently denies this ... and is sticking to the story that she was putting some things away..

yeah right Angela !!!  Please everyone ..... If you have Angela around for an evening meal, please give her a generous portion ...LOL !!! (I think I am dead for this..)

Apparently my hard to find prop for the show appeared yesterday .. YES !!! from sunny Barnsley ... lets hope its the correct thing, I will find out  once I am in the house on my own and can open the parcel in private...

The in trouble and likely to get battered Bareguitarist ...

No comments:

Post a Comment