Sunday 17 July 2011

I am of course no expert on Scottish folk - BUT .....

I am of course no expert on Scottish folk - yes I know a few - and I have watched the films - Robert the Bruce, Highlander, and Brave heart - I have seen them play rugby a few times.. and Patterson at 10 is a whole new blog discussion ... but in all my watching, research, I thought of Scotsmen as hardy folk,  taking on the world, standing up to all conditions and hardened by their culture, past, and of course weather .... until ....


Strawberry beer - STRAWBERRY BEER !! what's that about ? Its like a French man having well done beef, or an Irish man sworn off the black stuff, or in fact a Yorkshireman buying you a beer ... its just not done, never was and never should be .. Kevin D!!!  (I won't print his full name for fear of local reprisals he will encounter in his trip back home to Scotland in August )..

That's where I was this afternoon / evening... watching a real man turned into ... well .. a southern softy !!! It has rocked my world...aside from having to hide my true emotions about this .. this .... what used to be a man.. the food, company, and conversation were once again excellent - my thanks to Una for a lovely evening. Strawberry beer .... in-deed !!!! (play on words for those who know ) ...

Just received a wave file on a recording of a song for the show - its going to be a good laugh, and as I have said many times, enjoy, those who come along.. as you will be as much a part of the show, as the show  itself.

I should have also tonight taken a picture of the shocked look from Gillian when she saw my famous prop for the show from Barnsley, and as she knows what I am doing with it...thanks to Gillian who is preparing the prop ready for the show for me ... even though she looked mighty shocked about it !! I hope Lewis ( her son) is OK as he was not feeling too good tonight... not due to my prop I must state !!!

Its time to find the bed for a snore or two...  till tomorrow ...

the bearguitarist x.

No comments:

Post a Comment