Thursday 2 June 2011

All Confused !!!!


I have a growing number of unique and rarely heard pieces for the show at the Ed Fringe this year - but there is always the thought that people want to listen to music they know.. and there is not much of this planned into the schedule at the moment.

The thought came during my long adhoc charity feed (see "The day after the night before" post May) with some good friends - and during that evening discussion the down sides of concerts / shows / that do not pamper to the comfort level of an audience expecting to hear what they know, was high on the topic list.. I began to think that my show has too much "unknown / new" music in the mix.

How to address this - a poll on Facebook to ask the friends of the bareguitarist group their opinion combined with some whining on my blog..

I have some favourite Monkees - I would like to pop in a classic or two like Knights in White Satin - some more up to date stuff - and some little known Irish songs such as Bog Down in the Valley O (yes this O is supposed to be there.. its Irish and everything ends in an O !! - if the Monkees where Irish they would be the Monkees O .. )
The problem is to add all this stuff - this would then become a jamming session not a show ... All Confused !!!! (not .com)

NB - anyway I prefer compare the Meerkats.com and for some surfing compare the Muskrats.com - its personal so don't ask !!(if you haven't seen the advert this will be a rather worrying read !! )

averyconfusedbareguitarist...

2 comments:

  1. fair point - I don't know why I hadn't thought of this before.... probably 'cause I like the Calypso stuff and that's new to me...but, yep..I agree you must include some ees and some ooos....and if you're "doing" the moody blues, you may need to get scantily clad women on stage (that's what they do...or did...a hundred years ago when i saw them). I'll do it for a fee, or even a feed, and will thow in a muskrat dance for nothing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scantily clad women ... ummmm let me think if this is aesthetically the artistic image I wish to create - being an artist of course :) :) Naked WOMEN !!!!!!!! OK I think you have sold the concept .....

    ReplyDelete