Wednesday 15 June 2011

If at first you don't succeed - blame EVERYONE !!!!

If at first you don't succeed - try try again - well that's what the saying is, but I have my own version - If at first you don't succeed - find someone to blame .... and I blame everyone ... well not YOU - but everyone else !!!

And I didn't succeed, timing is sort of getting there for the show, but now some of the visuals have decided they don't want to work how they should... more to do then I guess. However there is one thing that has not been even close to being resolved in the show...

I need a piece of music from the 90's that is worth playing - It has to be acoustic, has to have that classic sound, that recognisable yet easy going sound ....and, surprise surprise  I am still trawling through the lists of music from that era to see if there is something I fancy... Madonna... TLC... Counting Cows (who are they??? ) Whitney ... Janet Jackson .... EMF .. etc etc .. but nothing that tickles my fancy yet... and unless its house music I wasn't really listening during that era ... that was my club time.. my "Snap the power" time ... great workout music - not bad make-out music (??) but not even close to being playable with a guitar - re-phrase that - MY Guitar !!! I played a few venues during that time, The Mill of the Old Black Monks in Barnsley (above), and some other venues, but from memory I didn't come across any music I was keen on picking up..  long term that is anyway...

So its back to the challenge then - and still searching..

I guess its also time to look at the equipment I need for the show - I need to amplify a sound bite - but today's attempts failed .. the problem is not that it didn't work, it did, then didn't, then did etc etc which during the show in August is not good enough. The equipment I use must be 100% predictable .. as the last thing I want is the show to come across as - well -  falling apart !!!

Actually I sometimes sit and think why I am spending so much time on parts of the show as there is always the chance that no-one will even turn up !! Imagine sat in an empty room with  nobody to even talk to ... LOL - that would be SOOOOO funny and would make an excellent blog entry.. If you see Billy no mates on a blog during August - then you will know..

All I have to say today ....

No comments:

Post a Comment