Monday 27 June 2011

The Great Unwashed

This evening is time to look at the parts of the show where I am forced to communicate with the great un-washed - standing in judgement of my performance - walking out as I am part way through speaking - nipping to the toilet every 2 mins ... yes my girl friend :) :) - oh no I mean the Audience .. of course ...

In one of my earlier blogs I touched on the fact that I had too many unique pieces in the show - and have added more known music (which means I have removed some of the more obscure pieces also..) to ensure the audience had some music they knew... I took a poll of peoples opinion about this .. and apart from the general consensus that I may be better off not doing the show in the first place (which I ignored ... sarcastic GITS!!) The general opinion was that I needed more mainstream music in.... I have the same sort of issue around themes now.. the show contains a flavour "darlings.." that is meant to transcend everyday life and reflect the humorous nature of people .. in other words a comical look back in time .. (for those pheasant pluckers out  there !!) But I cross into some other aspects also - and I need to think about making this less messy ... again - as before I didn't want to drop any of the songs - and now I don't want to drop any themes ... talk about precious or WHAT!!! 


I guess I will have to find a way to make this whole thing tie together... else it will become a Smörgåsbord of  ideas without focus ... oh well nothing wrong with a large Smörgåsbord misses !! I say :)


This is for tonight then - some work to do yet - but not too much now before I get to the final set up.


before I disappear into the rabbit hole... I went today to order a prop I need for the show - they are closed on Mondays - well that's another giant step forward then for the show as well... believe me - this is a prop I cannot do with out - and actually when you see the show you will be glad its there - REALLY GLAD !!...





No comments:

Post a Comment