Thursday 16 June 2011

If it wasn't for ....

If it wasn't for .......... which actually is the first part of the words in my selected piece for the 90's slot, and completely undetectable in the song itself ...
If it wasn't for the blog I imagine I would be saying all this to my trusted colleague, duet partner for music, and personal confident ... Sooty ... or even perhaps a good friend like Kevin "The Bruce" D, but instead, everyone gets to read my thoughts ... YES I SAID SOOTY !!!
He is real... he doesn't say much (Duh !) but what he does whisper in my ear are pearls of wisdom .... like "Red rum - Red rum"  "all work and no play makes Bear a dull boy!!"... etc - well you know the sort of stuff  :) 
Ah - yes I digressed ... my friend Kevin D (not for much longer probably!)... Seems like a normal sort of chap .. and yes... he is from North of the "wall" - and a true connoisseur of music sipping it occasionally like a fine wine ... and also a guzzler of music, like a Scotsman with a can of Tenants Extra  .. anyway he made some recommendations for 90's music I could use during the show ... stuff like ...Mr Vain -  Here comes the Hot Steppa - Whatta Man - Black, China Crisis, or Hipsway ... I know the bar is set to a standard for this performance - but I think that Kevin the Bruce is going to be somewhat ... "challenged" ....if he thinks I have the guitar prowess of some of the above music...


I have discussed this at length with Sooty, and WE have selected a piece from 1994, which has been described as a one hit wonder however is completely memorable ...  clues are in the pickys ...











In case you haven't got it by now !!!!




So this piece now in its proper slot.. the hunt is on for a projector - and some other show bits I need ... like some  topless dancers ... like these I auditioned earlier today ..

Anyway - Sooty says I must stop now and drink some wine .. so Bon Chance ....

No comments:

Post a Comment