Monday 13 June 2011

Can you keep going for 2 Minutes?

Great great great ... found something to go into a 2 min slot I have been thinking about for a while.. this was offered to a couple of never before entertainers as a way to experiment with their art - but seems they don't like performing their art in front of people ??? Its an invisible man thing ... I sort of get the shy element of this - but not really... who wants to be seen, but not really seen?

Today I have worked on parts of the show - changed a couple of  pieces, and just need a run through now... lets see how it holds together tomorrow.. also today was sending my press pack out to all the press contacts... An admin day I guess.. so where is all the fame and fortune, the entourage, the PA's, the groupies, the admin support staff? OK the groupies would probably kill me now-a-days, the PA's would not be very successful in their attempts to ring fence my life, but the admin support would have been great today...  

Anyway I did promise a quick mention of the rock and roll queen, my mother. So that's it then :) :) - no but seriously - she really likes the old Elvis music, Bill Haley, Little Richard, a strange liking for Slim Whitman .. you know the Yodeling chappie - most recently famous for his song kills the Martians in Mars Attacks .. she also has the age thing that happens, she only hears what she wants to, for starters.. some of the very strange music that my family used to listen to in Freetown is in the show.. no - none of the above - some good calypso stuff that was imported in (see previous blog on Freetown..)  and all this comes from a very strange old, selectively deaf, woman ... Below is this strange old woman having her cigar !!! Not really strange then I guess :)

Well your only allowed to behave like this once in your life time, and get away with it... guess she's there...

No comments:

Post a Comment