Sunday 12 June 2011

Hope for the Bareguitarist show !!!

The road to Hope - headed up to Sheffield - a great trip - loads of material for future shows - but that's for another time... I had a great offer to save my show from Ebony and Emelia (the two kids stood behind me) as they have offered to save my show with their superior music skills..... and a brand new song they made up during a beer and food in a local Hungry Horse ... I cant remember it all.. and wouldn't want to steal their thunder - but it went something like Ickle dikkle dikkle doo, where the grass is green and the cats  go Moo !! well you get the drift....Their mother (Natts) also offered to allow them both to come and save the show in Edinburgh with me for ALL the dates.. thanks Natts.. very kind of you ! THE SHOW IS SAVED !!!!!!

But what struck me is that kids have great enthusiasm when their imagination is inspired...

To finish the weekend off - a walk from Hope to Castleton and The road to Nowhere is a highlight of any walk around Castleton .. (left).

All this means whilst gathering loads of material - I didn't get much work done to the show itself - but its shaping up nicely ready for an entertaining time at the fringe.. I think !!

If you take anything from this Blog - its that Hope is not a strategy - its a beautiful place near Castleton ...

Right its time to forage for food - so I guess I will leave you with some images to keep you going - thoughts of an old fashioned sweet shop, Blue John Caverns, a Huge breakfast bun from Hope (below) and fresh air.. which I wont get a lot of today in the Rain Rain Rain that has not stopped since 6am this morning.








The Road to Nowhere

No comments:

Post a Comment